Coding standards

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Wed Nov 27 01:54:43 CST 2002

> > I found a couple that used ~4space indent, and used tabs too (they
> > seemed to expect 1tab = 8, as the code looked neat in a standard text
> > editor).
>
>Probably vi with autoindent, tabstop=8 and shiftwidth=4 (my preferred indent).

Of course everyone has his own taste and there's nothing wrong with 8. We
just found that with 8 spaces there's very much indentation if you have quite
some nested ifs/whiles/fors/whatevers. While still trying to stay under 80
chars
per line (for a nice printing) you don't have much space left to put code on :)

bye  Fabi