IKernel fails

Alberto Massari alby at exln.com
Wed Nov 27 09:29:43 CST 2002

The log I get seems to show a COM exception caused by a call made by
ITypeInfo_fnInvoke that was unable to cast an argument to the required type
(a first time, VT_I4 vs VT_BOOL, the second time VT_DISPATCH vs VT_PTR)
I quickly patched the code to perform the conversion, and the installation
started, so that seems to be the problem.
BTW, there are other calls that expect VT_PTR and VT_SAFEARRAY as a data
type but are being invoked with a VT_ARRAY|VT_VARIANT, but those don't seem
to stop the installer, for the moment.

Alberto

========================
err:ole:ITypeInfo_fnInvoke Set arg 0 to disparg type 3 vs 11
fixme:win:SetWindowTextA cannot set text "Quartus II 2.1 SP1 Web Edition
Full Setup" of other process window (nil)
fixme:debug:FlushInstructionCache (0xffffffff,0x43431ccc,0x0000000d): stub
err:ole:ITypeInfo_fnInvoke Set arg 0 to disparg type 9 vs 26
exception type:
flags 0 destr 0x41df57e7 handler (nil) type info 0x41e18480
     0: flags 0 type 0x41e1f098 ((nil) .?AVcom_exception at is@@) offset 0
vbase -1,0 size 28 copy ctor 0x41df57ac
     1: flags 0 type 0x41e1f080 ((nil) .?AVexception@@) msg=(null) offset 0
vbase -1,0 size 12 copy ctor 0x41e0be53
fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.
fixme:ole:_xread Read only 0 of 4 bytes from 0x58.
fixme:ole:_StubReaderThread Failed with hres 80004005