Getting DirectX emulation to work

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Nov 27 10:49:12 CST 2002

> Since I can no longer get OpenGL textures to work under Wine, I'd like
> to try to get the DirectX emulation working. However, when I configure
> an app to use DirectX, I get a "You have selected a mode your graphics
> card does not support" message.

Well, the DirectX mode in HalfLife is using Direct3D... And that code is a
complete W.I.P. in the WineHQ tree so I really doubt that it would work
better than OpenGL.

I think your time would be better spent trying to pinpoint at which time the
regression occured (ie does an old Wine work with your current set-up or
does an old set-up work with current Wine, ...). Finding a simpler
application than HalfLife showing the problem would be nice too.

                        Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/