Missing SignalObjectAndWait

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Wed Nov 27 22:57:46 CST 2002

On November 27, 2002 08:17 pm, Francois Gouget wrote:
> But is there really an advantage to using pthread rather than the Win32
> threading functions when porting a Windows application? After all one
> should not have to change the code when porting with Winelib...

Not for pure Winelib apps of course. But there is huge advantage for
libwine apps. That is, Unix apps that just want to make use of some
Windows stuff. Like mplayer, or xmms, or what have you. These programs
are all multithreaded, and have to jump through big hoops to get to
use Wine.

Not mixing well with pthreads is a big no-no from the Principle of
Least Surprise point of view. I think we need to fix this for 1.0,
and would be real nice if we have a solution for 0.9.

In a perfect world, people would just be able to link -lwine to
make use of Win32 DLLs (or what have you).

--
Dimi.