How to debug wineserver

Martin Wilck Martin.Wilck at
Thu Nov 28 10:54:31 CST 2002

Am Don, 2002-11-28 um 17.16 schrieb Tony Lambregts:
> >is there any way we can debug the wineserver?

> I am not sure this is the right answer since I am not a wine guru.
> However when you start wineserver you can start it with debug levels
> i.e., "wineserver -d1". Setting d0 turns winserver debugging off.

Starting wine with "-debugmsg trace+server" works quite well.
Furthermore, wineserver is a true Unix program. You can run in through
gdb. I often run wine normally, then start gdb and simply attach to the
running wineserver process.

Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409
Heinz-Nixdorf-Ring 1	    mailto:Martin.Wilck at
D-33106 Paderborn