[RFC] Wine headers

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Fri Nov 29 12:15:58 CST 2002

On November 29, 2002 01:03 pm, Patrik Stridvall wrote:
> With your suggestion above we can, so I like it. :-)

Yay!!!

I guess the problem is that we the current setup we can not
include wine specific headers without having *our* win32 headers
in the include path. Bad.

Cool thing (me thinks) about my proposal is that it doesn't complicate
Winelib use at all. Right now apps need to have a
-I$(prefix)/include/wine
now that will change to
-I$(prefix)/include/win32

The only thing I don't like in my proposal is the win32 name, namely
the 32. I guess Win64 will go in the same namespace, as well as win16.
This is confusing. What about winxx or even better winapi?

> > plus a bunch of other things (like making it easy to use other
> > headers for the Win32 API, etc). And best of all, it seems to
> > be easily implementable, no?
>
> "mv" is your friend however the CVS versioning doesn't like it though...

We don't have to move anything in the tree, just modify where we install
stuff. Of course, this means that you will not be able to use your tree
include files in all cases, but I think it's good as a start.

--
Dimi.