COM vtable inconsistencies with g++ (was SIGSEGV in IDirectDrawImpl_EnumDisplayModes)

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Nov 29 15:06:35 CST 2002

Sylvain wrote:
>> Thanks!
>> It works fine with the version 2.96 I use.
> Do you know RedHat's gcc 2.96 has SERIOUS bugs and that its support has
> been totally dropped ?

Support has been dropped by whom?  Not Red Hat; they are
still releasing updates for gcc-2.96-RH.  The latest was
18 days ago, https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2002-200.html

> It's update time.

I agree, gcc 3.2[.1] is a better choice than gcc-2.96-RH these days.
It is very close to compliance with the C++ ABI, and
it's an official Gnu release rather than a vendor snapshot.

(I'm building wine for the first time with gcc3.2 today,
I hope I'm right about it being a better choice :-)

- Dan