Case of Guiness offered (was: Re: Partial success report: Toshiba 220CDS electronic manual)

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Nov 29 19:32:03 CST 2002

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On November 26, 2002 12:39 pm, Dan Kegel wrote:
>> http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/220guide.exe
>>I unzipped it with Linux unzip, then ran its setup and
>>the app itself with Wine20020605-2 from Red Hat 8.
>
>                           ^^^^^^^^
> Wow, that is ancient. It seems like such a long time ago... :)
> (But I don't mean to say that the test is not relevant)

OK, I tried the same app with a freshly compiled Wine20021125.
The results are no better.
The commandline to run the program is
    cd c/docs
    wine toshdoc.EXE

With either version of Wine, clicking around for a while
locks the app up.  (e.g. clicking on the big red Right Arrow
10-15 times locks it up).

Plus the display artifacts (text being overwritten without being cleared)
are still there.

Wow, I'm really striking out running either the 16 bit or 32 bit version
of this old app (see my other post today).
Both are freely downloadable... I'd gladly buy
a case of Guiness for anyone who contributed patches to the Wine
tree that got either of these apps running cleanly.
I sadly don't have time to do much more than test.
- Dan