Texture problems under Wine - more info

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sat Nov 30 04:48:05 CST 2002

> So, the question is "What is the difference between the WineX OpenGL
> library and the Wine OpenGL library?"

Well, for me, the only possible difference would be that :

'> This begs the question:
 > Does the Linux implementation of pthread really work anyway?

 Works in WineX (though we needed some more hacks in it to make it interact
 well with the nvidia opengl drivers), and it'd surprise me if it doesn't
 still work in Wine, as the OpenGL deployed by most linux distros wouldn't
 work *at all* under Wine if it didn't, and people currently seem to be
 working on Wine as if it did work.'

(copy pasted from one of Ove's mail).

Because well, I did not look at WineX's OpenGL code but I doubt that it
could be vastly different from Wine's one (you cannot write thunks a lot of
different ways :-) ) so the only possible difference would be a bug in the
pthread 'emulation' that would somehow break the drivers.

By the way, what drivers are you using ?

                        Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/