somebody help me identify this bug please

ezra daniel ezra_daniel at
Sat Nov 30 11:30:05 CST 2002

that I have tried and needed yes, only valves with "acute accent" like you
call it, excuse my english.. :)

And I dont understand what you mean by dead key... but anyway... in every
linux app I can type that right, only the new wine version breaks that, but
I know it was fixed on 20021031 cause it worked great.

To make an example of what I can't type :

canción = in the wine version appears as cancion without the ó

In my language this is very important or they will think I dont know how to
write my language, hehehe

Thanks :)

>From: "Jeff Smith" <whydoubt at>
>To: ezra_daniel at, wine-devel at
>Subject: Re: somebody help me identify this bug please
>Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:31:46 -0600
>Is it only characters with the acute accent?  Is it that your are
>attempting this using 'dead key' entry on a Spanish keyboard?
>If this is the case, the problem may be in a recent correction to
>the Spanish keyboard layout.
>I will work on this some more when I get a chance, but hopefully
>someone else will find something sooner.
>  -- Jeff S
>>From: "ezra daniel" <ezra_daniel at>
>>At work I use Lotus Notes under Wine.
>>I downloaded compiled and installed the new wine version 20021125 and I am
>>no longer able to type accecented valves, like á é í ó ú.
>>Ñ can be typed though correctly.
>>With the other version 20021031 I could type accented valves.In fact I
>>went back to using the older version and worked again so it is obvious it
>>is a problem in the new wine version.
>>Though I am a newbie and know nothing of developing, but I would like to
>>submit the bug to the proper person so it fixes it back again but I dont
>>know which section of wine or person deals with this character typing
>>Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

MSN Fotos: la forma más fácil de compartir e imprimir fotos.