Still stumped... Re: What do you guys make of this?
spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Thu Oct 3 09:27:08 CDT 2002
I think it can be possible.
One month ago I notice that winedbg has problems when reading the
process memory it tries to acess.
Let me show the problem I encounter :
- the windows program launched causes some error;
- winedbg launches;
- it tries to read a memory that is out of bounds;
- a 2nd winedbg launches, trying to debug the first;
- same error occurs (out of bound read);
- a 3d winedbg launches, being successfull to read the memory of the
Only wine code is used. (I defined all dll's built-in, and only
advapi32 is loaded when using winedbg)
> It's almost definitely a wine bug. "args" becomes nil, get's
> and once the SIGSEGV handler starts running, it never gets back
> to any native dll's -- that is to say, the infinite recursion happens
> entirely within the wine codebase... SIGSEGV invokes wine handlers
> which then cause /another/ SIGSEGV, and so on.... shouldn't be
> possible, right?
Do You Yahoo!? -- Une adresse @yahoo.fr gratuite et en français !
Yahoo! Mail : http://fr.mail.yahoo.com
More information about the wine-devel