Major tidy up of Scroll.c to add foundations for flatscroll bars

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Fri Oct 4 11:23:58 CDT 2002

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 09:51:10AM -0400, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> Note:  Flat scroll bar APIs are implemented in Comctl32.dll
>        versions 4.71 through 5.82. Comctl32.dll versions 6.00
>        and higher do not support flat scroll bars.
>
> Let's just drop support for the buggers (that is, forward the FlagSB_*
> calls to the standard calls, like we do now, but remove the FIXME's).
You might want to keep in mind this little snippet I once wrote in a
patch mail:
:: AddWeb 5 Professional (free download) uses QT_Thunk() to thunk down to
:: GetFreeSystemResources16(), and due to that crash and an exception
:: handler it refused to load with a "not enough resources" error.
:: This patch fixes it almost completely (except for crashes probably
:: due to unimplemented flat scrollbars).
:: Wonderfully complex program ! :)

--
The Declaration of Software Freedom:
http://freedevelopers.net/freedomdec/index.php