steve.lustbader at steve.lustbader at
Mon Oct 7 13:27:55 CDT 2002

Should I resubmit this patch with the my functions moved to locale.c or ole2nls.c?  Which one?

                      Julliard                     To:  Steve Lustbader/ANR/MS/PHILIPS at AMEC
                      <julliard at winehq             cc:  wine-devel at
                      .com>                        Subject:   Re: Languages/Locales
                      Sent by:
                      wine-devel-admin             Classification:
                      10/07/2002 02:02

steve.lustbader at writes:

> I implemented these functions in codepage.c since similar functions
> (GetDefaultLangID and GetDefaultLCID) were already there.  Why are
> these functions in this file, instead of in dlls/kernel/locale.c?

Because they are needed by ntdll. This will be fixed eventually.

> It seems locales and languages aren't really implemented yet
> (just hardcoded to English) - is this going in for 1.0 or is it not planned
> for the immediate future?

Most of it is already implemented; the relevant stuff is in
dlls/kernel/locale.c and ole/ole2nls.c.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at