Major tidy up of Scroll.c to add foundations for flatscroll bars

Andrew M. Johnston johnstonam at logica.com
Wed Oct 9 05:19:19 CDT 2002

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002 00:37, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> The thing is we cannot pick any implementation we like, we have to do
> it the Windows way. So using messages internally is only acceptable in
> cases where Windows does it that way.

If the native comctl is used then some (but not all) of the drawing of the
control is done but it ignores the flat scroll properties.  This may be due
to using internal redraw paths rather than the correct ones.  I am in the
process of investigating further.

> The native flatsb code has to
> work on top of our scrollbars, and our flatsb implementation should
> work on Windows too.

Ah, the second part indicates where additional confusion arose.  I thought
user.dll was one of the core dlls that could can never be native.  Are there
plans to use comctrl on native windows?  Since I was assuming that user.dll
could not be native and wine's native dlls would not be used on native user
dll then it seemed reasonable to extended the user code to implement both
types and make flatsb defer to this code.