Compilation errors

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sat Oct 12 17:30:55 CDT 2002

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> Rizsanyi Zsolt wrote:
>
> >On Saturday 12 October 2002 22:58, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> >

> >>make[2]: Entering directory `/home/sun/sources/wine/wine/dlls/d3d8'
> >>../../tools/makedep -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include
> >>-I/usr/X11R6/include -C. basetexture.c cubetexture.c d3d8_main.c
> >>device.c directx.c indexbuffer.c resource.c surface.c swapchain.c
> >>texture.c vertexbuffer.c volume.c volumetexture.c
> >>math.h: No such file or directory
> >>  math.h was first included from device.c:26
> Last time I checked, a quotes delimiter meant "search for the local
> version, followed by the system version", while a <> delimiter meant
> "search for the system version only". Since math.h is a system include,
> both should have equally worked.

If you will look again at what you sent, you will see that the error is
being thrown by <wine>/tools/makedep, which might not behave exactly the
same as a compiler WRT header files.  It might have ts own reasons to
distinguish system headers from wine headers, FI.  #include "math.h" is
wrong if the .c file wants <math.h>.

> I bypassed this problem by manually adding "/usr/include" to the
> "EXTRAINCL" variable. I am not at all sure, however, that this is the
> correct solution, and I'm not sure how to make "configure" generate such
> a Makefile even if it was.
>
>                 Shachar

What if the C header files are in /usr/local/include?  Last time I built
libc from source, that is where it wanted to install its header files, I
think.

Lawson
---oops---