winmm 16/32 code split

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sun Oct 13 11:10:55 CDT 2002

Eric Pouech <eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> this will still cause problems (for example while compiling for mingw)
> Alexandre, do you have some global plans for splitting further... not
> linking on compilation unit will not be sufficient, we need a finer
> grain control

I think linking on compilation units should work just fine. You may
need in some cases to add a callback for the 32-bit code; for instance
in that case you could have some kind of pLoadWin16Driver function
pointer in the 32-bit code that is initialized to NULL, and when the
16-bit part is loaded it makes it point to one of its routines. Of
course this kind of things should be avoided as much as possible, but
there are a few cases where it will be necessary.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com