please don't apply RPC Merge D_PL1

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Tue Oct 15 12:53:49 CDT 2002

On 15 Oct 2002, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Ove Kaaven <ovek at arcticnet.no> writes:
>
> > Hmm. Maybe it's possible to do something in the fashion of
> >
> > LONG_PTR RPC_VAR_ENTRY
> >   NdrClientCall2( PMIDL_STUB_DESC pStubDescriptor, PFORMAT_STRING pFormat, ... );
> > #ifndef __WINE__
> > #define NdrClientCall2 (CLIENT_CALL_RETURN)NdrClientCall2
> > #endif
> >
> > to gain source compatibility.
>
> Well, that's not 100% compatible either, and depending on how the app
> uses it could even fail to compile.

Only MIDL-generated RPC client code is likely to use NdrClientCall2
directly. MIDL-generated code is 1) predictable, 2) plenty of. And if I
remember right, the CLIENT_CALL_RETURN is going to be used by client code
for remote procedure calls that has a return value. So I'd say this is
both good enough and desirable (Greg can probably easily come up with an
example?)... of course, we'd eventually have to finish widl and then we
could generate RPC client code with it instead, but still...