keyboard errors

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at
Wed Oct 16 05:58:43 CDT 2002

Does that mean that we'll have a mechanism for changing the X keyboard
layout as a result from window focus changes?

This would come in very handy in case of edit control. There is a
proposed standard (as well as the Windows behaviour) that dictates where
and when cursor actions should change the input keyboard layout. That
requires a mechanism that, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't exist
there today.

proposed standard can be found at
I would apretiate feedback, as it is not accepted yet.