Problem with X11 driver

Till Mossakowski till at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Thu Oct 17 03:01:33 CDT 2002

Hi,

I have a problem with the X11 driver (it seems), related to bug 1027.
When I run my program (Fitch.exe), wine gets stuck. All threads
do a WaitForMultipleObjects, the main thread a WaitMessage.
And I get an error

err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x40af4b04 "x11drv_main.c: X11DRV_CritSection" wait timed out, retrying (60
sec) tid=080b8780

I read the FAQ about critical section errors, and it helped my to get the
following calling stack:

KERNEL32.DLL.WaitForMultipleObjectsEx+0x16a
X11DRV.DLL.MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx+0xf3
USER32.DLL.MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx+0x14f
USER32.DLL.WaitMessage+0x22
WINAWT.DLL.PrintEmbeddedFrame+0x7ca
JAVAI.DLL.mmiFrameMethod+0x3625
JAVAI.DLL.mmiFrameMethod+0xb60
COMDLG32.DLL.PrintDlgExW+0x2a2dc0
JPEG.DLL..reloc+0x12e2cb9b
*** Invalid address 0xc308c483 (IBMJITC.DLL..reloc+0x1df5f482)

(Indeed, Fitch is written in Java - however, unfortunately
it is not possible to run it directly under Linux.
I also tried to get diagnostic messages from the Java runtime systems,
but it seems that all classes are loaded correctly, and then the error occurs.)

When I set  "Synchronous" = "Y" in the x11drv section of config,
everything works, but *very* slowly. Sometimes it takes 15 seconds
until a mouse click leads to the desired action. I also played with
the other x11drv settings in the config file, but without effect.

The documentation says that one should set "Synchronous" = "Y"
for debugging purposes. But how proceed then?

Greetings,
Till
--
Till Mossakowski                Phone +49-421-218-4683
Dept. of Computer Science       Fax +49-421-218-3054
University of Bremen            till at tzi.de
P.O.Box 330440, D-28334 Bremen  http://www.tzi.de/~till