pragma packing on sparc solaris

Juraj Hercek juraj at syncad.com
Thu Oct 17 03:37:39 CDT 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to get wine working on solaris running on sparc. I have
troubles with structure packing, since sparc solaris throws SIGSEGV when
writting to structure members not aligned to 4-byte boundary (for
example: loader/ne/resource.c:280, where &pTypeInfo->resloader is not
aligned to 4-byte boundary).

Since I'm new to wine, I'd like to know about packing policies (pragma
pack 1,2,...) in wine:
1) When do we use packing and why (optimisation?)?
2) What would happen if pragma packing is ommited or always set to 4?

Next, I'd like to know if there will be also non i386 COM proxy
implementation (dlls/rpcrt4/cproxy.c and related), since I'm unable to
compile newest wine on sparc solaris (currently, I'm using version from
October 1st).

Thanks for reply.

Juraj