Textures in d3d8

welch at boltblue.net welch at boltblue.net
Thu Oct 17 11:37:00 CDT 2002

Quoting Klaus Niederkrueger <kniederk at MI.Uni-Koeln.DE>:
> OpenGL has different TextureModes (1D, 2D, 3D) and WRAP is set
> independently for each of these. In Windows this setting changes all
> modes at one or not?

It applies to all uses of this texture coordinate regardless of the
dimensionality of the texture or the texture coordinate.

> What is the last texture coordinate doing in Windows? I have heard of
> 3D-Textures, but 4D?

4D is for projected (divide by the last coordinate) lookups.

> Does not-wrapping correspond to GL_CLAMP under OpenGL?

D3DTSS_ADDRESS{U,V,W} supply a per-lookup address mode which defaults to
clamp - this is applied after wrapping/not-wrapping is done.