wineconsole examples?

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 17 14:09:33 CDT 2002

> Is there a good example WINE configuration for running a simple console
> program (using wineconsole)?
wineconsole tree.com
should do the trick

in more details, you can either:
1/ choose to run your program in the (unix) console where you type the
command with "wine tree.com"
2/ or dedicate a specific console for your app "wineconsole tree.com"
option 1 is better for integration with unix tools
option 2 is better in terms of Wine internal handling, and may be less
buggy (depending on what your program does)

> I got the "WINE Administrators Handbook", but it doesnt mention wineconsole
> at all.
this book is rather old (and Wine did evolve a lot since it has been
written)

A+