Known listview problems

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sun Oct 20 16:09:18 CDT 2002

On October 19, 2002 09:58 am, Paul Rupe wrote:
> I think this may have broken something in Xnews.  In the newsgroup listing
> (always) and the article listing (sometimes), selecting an item causes the
> rightmost two columns or so to be cut off.  Forcing a redraw of the window

This should be fixed now, with the V0-8. Can you please check?

> - In Xnews open a group or article listing with a bunch of rows.  Page down
> a few times, then hold Shift and page up once.  What should be the new top
> row is being drawn on top of the listview heading.  This happens only with
> multiple selection.  Single-select Page up is fine.  Looks like this first
> happened in 1.202.

Very odd! I'll look into it, next.

> - It seems we're back to O(n) performance on long listviews.  My group
> listing with 50,000 entries takes about a second to select an item.  I went
> back and found that 1.248 is the first one with this problem.

Fixed. Please confirm.

> - Place an xterm or some other window partially covering a listview.
> Scroll down using the arrow key with the window on top.  The row just
> coming out from under the xterm is a copy of the row above it rather than
> the correct one.  Scrolling up does the same thing but with the row on the
> bottom.  I first noticed this in the L or M series of patches right before
> I left, but I think it may be older than that.

Yes. This is related to a bug that I signaled sometime ago:

http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2002/09/0748.html

It has nothing to do with the listview. I should file this as a bug...
Alexandre, any comments on this one?

--
Dimi.