[RFC] Adding an include/wine/wine directory?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue Oct 22 13:32:16 CDT 2002

Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:

> I suggest that we gradually move the files in include/wine
> to include/wine/wine or in some cases other places like the DLL
> directories. Eventually, far in the future, the include/wine directory
> will be empty (save for a wine directory).
>
> This provides a slow and steady migration path from the old
> to the new that doesn't have any of the problems you described.
> What more can you ask for?

A clean solution?  Seriously this is ugly as hell; especially when you
consider that after you install you will get Wine headers in
/usr/include/wine, /usr/include/wine/wine and
/usr/include/wine/wine/wine. Tell me this isn't confusing...

If you really want to make it possible to mix and match headers from
different sources, you need a more serious redesign of the whole
include layout, and you need to ensure that the normal case is at
least as easy and clean as it is today.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com