[RFC] Adding an include/wine/wine directory?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue Oct 22 13:32:16 CDT 2002

Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:

> I suggest that we gradually move the files in include/wine
> to include/wine/wine or in some cases other places like the DLL
> directories. Eventually, far in the future, the include/wine directory
> will be empty (save for a wine directory).
> This provides a slow and steady migration path from the old
> to the new that doesn't have any of the problems you described.
> What more can you ask for?

A clean solution?  Seriously this is ugly as hell; especially when you
consider that after you install you will get Wine headers in
/usr/include/wine, /usr/include/wine/wine and
/usr/include/wine/wine/wine. Tell me this isn't confusing...

If you really want to make it possible to mix and match headers from
different sources, you need a more serious redesign of the whole
include layout, and you need to ensure that the normal case is at
least as easy and clean as it is today.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com