Known listview bugs (take 2)

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Oct 24 14:01:07 CDT 2002

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

> On October 24, 2002 06:43 am, Francois Gouget wrote:
> > * if I resize the 'Type' column there is a lot of flicker in the first
> > column. Now there are some things to be said about that:
> >    - since this changes the width of the first column it seems
> > unavoidable to redraw it (unless we keep its maximum width?)
> >    - on NT4 it only redraws the columns when I release the mouse button
> > so of course it does not flicker. So either our comctl32 is more
> > advanced and does on-the-fly resizing, or maybe it should not.
>
> Win2k I think does on-the-fly resizing, and it's a lot nicer from
> a usability perspective, IMO. Now, ours is not that good, but...
> I'll try a few things to eliminate the flicker, it is one of the
> few that still remain, and it's annoying, I agree.

I retested with X7 and the flicker is gone :-)

> >  * if I move the 'Type' column to the left it gets corrupted. See
> > listview1.png.
>
> What exactly did you move? The edge to the left, or to the right
> or 'Type'?

It happened when I moved the left edge of the 'Type' column.  This
resizes the first column and moves all the other columns. I retested
with X7 to confirm that the issue is still there and noticed that
similar redraw issues occurred when I move/resize other columns.

                         "Utilisateur" (nom commun) :
        Mot utilisé par les informaticiens en lieu et place d'"idiot".