Known listview bugs (take 2)

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Fri Oct 25 17:38:15 CDT 2002

On October 25, 2002 04:18 pm, Rein Klazes wrote:
> What I see different from native comcontrol is that
> 1- during a refresh everything is redrawn, including the header
> control;

This is fixable, and it will get fixed soon.

> 2- the refreshing continues about once every second until the download
> is finished, certainly not "sometimes" or only "at the end".

Hm, maybe I didn't look at newsgroups that took many seconds. In fact,
I've seen similar behavior (but not generated by WM_SETREDRAW, the
app itself would invalidate the entire window from outside), in other
apps (e.g. All-SeeingEye: http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/)

> I will investigate the WM_SETREDRAW messages, perhaps they appear too
> often in my situation. That still does not explain why a refresh with
> native dll manages only to repaint the updated part, which is nill at
> the end of the download.

I think the native does double buffering to avoid that flicker. I will
eventually add that too, but I want to make sure, before I do, that
we do have the most optimal invalidating/painting code that's possible.
Once we're satisfied with that, I'll try to eliminate the rest of the
flicker by rendering to an off-screen buffer.

I did this in the Trackbar control, and it works quite well.

--
Dimi.