interrupts in when in NT version

Rizsanyi Zsolt rizsanyi at myrealbox.com
Sat Oct 26 17:41:18 CDT 2002

On Saturday 26 October 2002 17:36, John K. Hohm wrote:
> > Tough all safedisc programs depend on this, I have decided not to make an
> > official patch. The reason is that additional info is needed for a proper
> > fix. Safedisc depends on that EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION is returned on
> > an int 0x01 call. But it should be checked what exceptions are raised on
> > different windows versions when int 0x01 is called. And maybe the same
> > should be done with other interrupts.
> > It would be good if somebody could make that test program. Else I will
> > keep the non proper fix.
>
> You may think me a rube, but I just made a test program that calls an

What do you mean by rube? According to my dictionary rube means:
rube n.: AmE slang someone, usually from the country, who has no experience of
other places and thinks in a simple way

I dont understand while would you be a rube?

> arbitrary interrupt and prints the exception information.  I don't set up
> any registers, so perhaps it generates an exception when it ought not in
> some cases, but anyone else is free to improve it.  Source and a
> VC6-compiled MSVCRT-using version, along with results for all 255
> interrupts on Windows XP Professional, is here:
>
>   http://petra.trnty.edu/~jhohm/intexcep.zip

Thanks for your work. It proves my assumptions at least in the winXP case, and
I assume it is the same in nt40.
It would be nice if somebody could run this program on a win9x system. (I only
have win2k available here).

Thanks
Zsolt