Segmentation Fault: A possibility???

Andreas Mohr andi at
Mon Oct 28 05:30:46 CST 2002

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 09:50:35PM +1100, Kye Lewis wrote:
> Hi,
> Sorry for posting all of this to the wine-devel group continuously, but I may
> have found the problem (or I may not have) but either way I need some help.
> I have run wine --debugmsg +relay acrord32.exe and read the resulting file.
> The last thing that comes up is: wineoss.drv
> I had a quick look through the specific function's code
> (The actual log entry is:
> Call wineoss.drv.DriverProc(00000000,403e2858,00000001,00000000,00000000)
> ret=40c9d2b5
> )
> Recently in the KDE Control Panel's Sound options, I ticked the 'Use Full
> Duplex' option - and ever since that it hasn't worked.
> Could this have been the reason?
> I can't look and see if it was now, i'll have to restart linux, and right now
> i'm the internet server on the network - so no restarts for me :(
Huh ? You don't want to tell us that you've got a dualboot Windows/Linux
and you're the internet server - via Windows ???
A very fitting (originally German) statement about this would be:
Oh, you use a Windows internet gateway to let some Linux PC get access to the
internet ?
- so I gather you also use nails to drive hammers into the wall ?

BTW: sounds like fullduplex change may have been the reason, yes.

The Declaration of Software Freedom: