Bug #321: dlls/msvct/vf[w]printf functions (Patch 2)

Jaco Greeff jaco at puxedo.org
Tue Oct 29 05:36:03 CST 2002

David Laight wrote:
> Also be aware that strncpy/strncat are required to zero out the
> unfilled part of the buffer.  This is a performance penalty you
> don't (normmaly) want.

Yes, and we don't really want the performance penalty in this case. In
my last patch I've refrained from using strncat(x, y, 1), rather using
strcat(x, y). There are other ways of doing this, i.e. strcat in this
case might not be the best/fastest, my first priority is getting the
stuff acceptable to all and into cvs and then making incremental
adjustments to squeeze the most out of it.