GetComputerName() question

Martin Wilck Martin.Wilck at
Thu Oct 31 06:15:37 CST 2002

Am Mit, 2002-10-30 um 20.25 schrieb Alexandre Julliard:
> Because users are not going to edit the registry if their Unix
> hostname changes so it will always be wrong. Now if the problem is the
> FQDN then it should be trivial to truncate it to just the hostname.

I can't help myself - I think the current implementation in wine
isn't correct, at least not as correct as it could be.

It wouldn't be hard to fix this, but the fact that this stuff happens
during Wine initialization scares me off.

That's why I want to know why this is done so early.

Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409
Heinz-Nixdorf-Ring 1	    mailto:Martin.Wilck at
D-33106 Paderborn