Versions & mass-appeal

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il
Thu Oct 31 08:16:43 CST 2002

Johan Gill wrote:

>On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
>

>>The way I see it, no windows installs of wine should have dll load order
>>set to "native, builtin" for all DLLs.
>>
>I'm not sure that we are talking about the same thing here...
>Just to be safe, what I mean is that if I want to run an application which
>has its own *non-system* dlls I have to tell wine to load them natively,
>or they won't get loaded at all.

But if it's a non-system DLL, why should it have a Wine version at all?
If it doesn't, then ANY load order that has native somewhere in it will
load the DLLs in the system. The only place where that comes into play
is when a certain program ships with a new version of MFC42.DLL, for
example.

That is, at least, my understanding of this issue.

> If you meant the same thing as I did,
>I need some reading practice.

What makes you think (besides being polite, and I'm not saying there is
anything wrong with that) that it isn't me that need writing practice? I
will note that, judging from geographical location alone, English is not
a mother tongue for either of us.

>/Johan Gill, johane at lysator.liu.se

            Shachar
P.S.
In case anyone is wondering, I have other indications that English is
not a mother tongue for me. There is the fact that I had to look up how
to spell "tongue" for one, and that thing that makes sure that you keep
knowing something once you knew it once, now how do you call it.....

Oh yes, "memory".

            Sh.