winapi_check question...

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Thu Oct 31 09:20:43 CST 2002

> winapi_check tells me:
>
> ndr_stubless.c:86: rpcrt4: LONG_PTR WINAPIV
> NdrClientCall2(PMIDL_STUB_DESC,PFORMAT_STRING,...): argument 1
> documentation: \
> /* CLIENT_CALL_RETURN */

This is because winapi_check misparser the line:
LONG_PTR /* CLIENT_CALL_RETURN */ RPCRT4_NdrClientCall2(PMIDL_STUB_DESC
pStubDesc, PFORMAT_STRING pFormat, va_list args)

Ignore it.

> rpc_epmap.c:56: rpcrt4: RPC_STATUS WINAPI
> RpcEpRegisterA(RPC_IF_HANDLE,PRPC_BINDING_VECTOR,PUUID_VECTOR,LPSTR):
> no translation defined: PRPC_BINDING_VECTOR

This is because winapi_check doesn't know the type of PRPC_BINDING_VECTOR.
One day I will teach it to parse the header files properly.

Until then tell it what type it is in the the file tools/winapi/win32.api:

%%rpcrt4
%ptr
PRPC_BINDING_VECTOR

Since PRPC_BINDING_VECTOR is presumable a pointer it goes under the ptr
section.

> rpc_epmap.c:56: rpcrt4: RPC_STATUS WINAPI
> RpcEpRegisterA(RPC_IF_HANDLE,PRPC_BINDING_VECTOR,PUUID_VECTOR,LPSTR):
> no translation defined: PUUID_VECTOR

Same as above.

> rpc_epmap.c:102: rpcrt4: RPC_STATUS WINAPI
> RpcEpUnregister(RPC_IF_HANDLE,PRPC_BINDING_VECTOR,PUUID_VECTOR):
> argument 2 type is forbidden: PRPC_BINDING_VECTOR (unknown)

Same as above.

> how shall I deal with these?

Fix them as above or do as everybody elses do wait for me to fix it. :-)