So lets say we do it

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Oct 31 12:19:33 CST 2002

On October 31, 2002 11:24 am, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> You forgot a few things here:

Yes, and no: it was getting late, hand was all funny,
email was getting too long... :)

> First it doesn't even start because they don't have a config file. OK,

Hear, hear! BTW, we should move configuration out of documentation/samples

> [...] it doesn't work because the drives are wrong.

Yep. wineinstall?

> Then they don't have the proper registry (winedefault.reg? what's that?)

:)))

> Then they finally manage to run the installer but it
> puts stuff in RunOnce that never gets run so the app doesn't work.

See, I wasn't even aware of that!

> Then they finally make the app run but can't print anything. And

True.

> when they ask for help they get told to fight the FAQ-O-Matic crap to
> maybe finally find an answer telling them they are an idiot.

That FAQ-O-Matic should just be 'rm -rf'. It's crap. We either have
a carefully hand-written FAQ, or nothing at all.

> So no, I'm not going to make a general public release just yet...

I am not even suggesting it. I just went through the exercise so
we can extract a TODO...

--
Dimi.