Some other problems ...

Paul Millar paulm at
Thu Oct 31 12:21:42 CST 2002

Hi everyone,

Just a couple of problems I've noticed.  They look like they're due to
some broken build dependencies.

1.  I have a copy of wine on my laptop which I do "cvs update" every few
    days.  After updating today, I did the usual "./configure 
    --enable-opengl && make depend && make" and left it to compile. But, 
    when I tried the result, I got a client/server mismatch for 
    SERVER_PROTOCOL_VERSION.  One was claimed to be v88 whilst the other 
    was v89.  Doing a "make distclean" then repeating the build "fixed" 
    the problem.

    Patch (committed last Tuesday)
    bumped the SERVER_PROTOCOL_VERSION up to 89.  So it looks like some of 
    the binaries weren't updated during the build.  I tried altering the 
    version (manually) and rebuilding, but wine rebuilt correctly.

2.  WRT hit a problem last night where "make test" failed.  The 
    log included messages like:

gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../../include -I../../../include  -g -O2 -Wall 
-mpreferred-stack-boundary=2  -fPIC -DSTRICT -DNONAMELESSUNION 
-DNONAMELESSSTRUCT  -D_REENTRANT -o registry.o registry.c
../../../tools/winebuild/winebuild -fPIC -DSTRICT -DNONAMELESSUNION 
-DNONAMELESSSTRUCT  -o advapi32_test.exe.spec.c -exe advapi32_test.exe 
-mcui  registry.o testlist.o -L../../../dlls  -ladvapi32 -lkernel32 
gcc -shared  -Wl,-Bsymbolic advapi32_test.exe.spec.o registry.o testlist.o 
-o -L../../../library -lwine  -lm 
advapi32_test.exe.spec.o: In function `__wine_exe_main':
undefined reference to `main'
registry.o: In function `test_enum_value':
/home/paulm/WINE-cvs/wine/dlls/advapi32/tests/registry.c:69: undefined 
reference to `winetest_set_ok_location'
/home/paulm/WINE-cvs/wine/dlls/advapi32/tests/registry.c:69: undefined 
reference to `winetest_ok'
/home/paulm/WINE-cvs/wine/dlls/advapi32/tests/registry.c:78: undefined 
reference to `winetest_set_ok_location'
  [... etc ...]

    The later build had six tests that succeded. These were the new scanf 
    tests introduced into that build by patch

    I've just done a "make distclean" followed by a normal rebuild and 
    test.  Its currently running through the regression tests, but so far 
    it seems to be working.

These are vague reports of unrepeatable problems ... never a good thing!  
I'm quite busy right now (real work and everything), so I don't have time
to investigate this myself. Just posting this hoping the cause its obvious 
to someone else :^)

Paul Millar

More information about the wine-devel mailing list