So lets say we do it

Marcus Meissner mm at lst.de
Thu Oct 31 12:08:07 CST 2002

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 08:24:28AM -0800, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:
>
> > So the 5% left, install wine, install a Win-app, and play around.
> > Great, it works!
>
> You forgot a few things here:

As for the SuSE wine RPMS:

> First it doesn't even start because they don't have a config file. OK,
> they copy one from somewhere, it doesn't work because the drives are
> wrong.

Been there, done that. Not very good, it is still using winesetuptk
which might be too much in way of configuration.

> Then they don't have the proper registry (winedefault.reg?
> what's that?)

Merged automatically with startup script.

> Then they finally manage to run the installer but it
> puts stuff in RunOnce that never gets run so the app doesn't
> work.

Ok, this one is still missing.

> Then they finally make the app run but can't print anything.

Two edged sword.

CUPS works fine here, however if all applications are ready to print
with WINEPS and winspool.drv is another issue.

> And
> when they ask for help they get told to fight the FAQ-O-Matic crap to
> maybe finally find an answer telling them they are an idiot.

Yep. But this one is harder, what do you think needs to be there?

> So no, I'm not going to make a general public release just yet...

Not yet too late for another 'Halloween' release though ;)

Ciao, Marcus