dlls/msvcrt/tests: printf

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Thu Oct 31 12:46:58 CST 2002

On Thursday 31 October 2002 12:04 pm, Jaco Greeff wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:57:12 +0100, Uwe Bonnes
> > And plain inlined patches are preferred against attachments.

Just rabble-rousing here, but, until Alexandre stops accepting them, I
plan to attach all my patches.  I /am/ willing to mark them as "prefer
inline display" or whatever it's called, which my mailer lets me do,
but personally, I prefer not even to do this unless they're very, very
small (one hunk).

Since I've been doing lots of bullet-lists lately, here's a couple more:

In support of attached patches:

  o Easier to separate out and organize in a filesystem
  o Less likely to munge international characters
  o No possibility to confuse carriage-returns
    from the e-mail with carriage-returns from the patch
  o Easier to view with syntax highlighting
  o Usually not automatically included in replies
  o Specifies a file-name for the patch
  o Doesn't /ever/ line-wrap (!)
  o No cut-and-paste to apply the patch
  o Allows us to turn on auto-line wrapping in our e-mail clients,
    which, in turn, makes wine-devel more readable (sometimes).
  o pretty icons in some clients ;)

In support of inline patches

  o easier to read for some people

I say, tough cookies.  Stop using elm (or yahoo) and get a real reader

:P (evil haloween laughter)

--
gmt

"The purpose of government is to rein in the rights of the people"
 --President Bill Clinton, MTV interview, 1993