So lets say we do it

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Thu Oct 31 13:44:32 CST 2002

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 01:19:33PM -0500, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On October 31, 2002 11:24 am, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> > You forgot a few things here:
>
> Yes, and no: it was getting late, hand was all funny,
> email was getting too long... :)
>
> > First it doesn't even start because they don't have a config file. OK,
>
> Hear, hear! BTW, we should move configuration out of documentation/samples
Hmm, why ? Where should it be then ?
Having sample config in such a directory has a pretty long tradition.
One thing that comes to my mind here is Debian.

> > Then they finally manage to run the installer but it
> > puts stuff in RunOnce that never gets run so the app doesn't work.
>
> See, I wasn't even aware of that!
Hmm, my problem :-\

> > Then they finally make the app run but can't print anything. And
>
> True.
I second that (at least sometimes).

> > when they ask for help they get told to fight the FAQ-O-Matic crap to
> > maybe finally find an answer telling them they are an idiot.
>
> That FAQ-O-Matic should just be 'rm -rf'. It's crap. We either have
> a carefully hand-written FAQ, or nothing at all.
Gee, thanks !
You know how many man-weeks (err, months ?) I've been putting into it, right ?

I guess I hereby declare that I'll stop ALL documentation work.
Obviously it's not too appreciated, given the constant and very annoying
whining. Not to mention that I've been constantly working "behind the fact".

For christ's sake, IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE DOCU, THEN *IMPROVE IT*.

I did. (past tense)
But maybe then it seems like I didn't...

Boy, that'll give me quite some free time for RL work...

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://mohr.de.tt