Getting actively involved in the Wine project

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Thu Oct 31 17:13:15 CST 2002

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Wickline wrote:
[...]

> Wine users , CodeWeavers & WineX customers could do Previews/Demo's at
> there local lug meetings as well.. This is what I did a couple months
 > back and it was a huge success there were Windows users at the meeting
 > to see Linux and Win app's being run on Linux ... Also it gives Linux
 > users a look at wine as well.
> So I suggest that we try to encourage wine users to volinteer to show
> Wine at there local user groups/Installfest/Computer shows and so on.

I agree. Making Wine presentations at local LUGs can only be a good
thing. It can dispel some myths and it might even help Wine recruit new
developpers :-)

CodeWeavers has actually done a few presentations on "CrossOver and
Wine" at local LUGs. I did one recently at the Linux User Group Of Davis
(LUGOD, a pretty nice LUG) quite recently. You can find the presentation
online at the following URL.

http://www.lugod.org/presentations/crossover/

Feel free to check it out and use it as inspiration if you want to make
a presentation (credit to CodeWeavers appreciated if you use significant
portions of it <g>).

--
Francois Gouget
fgouget at codeweavers.com