Partial implementation of NotifyRegister notifications

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Wed Sep 4 19:48:19 CDT 2002

Joshua Thielen <thielen at> writes:

> I expect there to be problems with this patch (some of it is probably
> a bit over my head) so eyes are requested, please! I already know that
> the number and order of the segment messages (NFY_LOADSEG and FREESEG)
> doesn't exactly match those sent in Windows, and I'm not totally sure
> of the affect this patch will have on 16-bit memory and threading
> details in wine.

You should really have some kind of TOOLHELP_SendNotification function
instead of calling wine_call_to_16_regs all over the place. Also the
handling of segmented pointers (especially the lpstrModuleName)
doesn't look right. Apart from that, it looks quite reasonable.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at