New header winternl.h

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Sun Sep 8 15:57:44 CDT 2002

> Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:
>
> > The easy solution is to include the header just as I have
> submitted it
> > and not use it at all or rather postponing the problem of
> using it or not
> > to the future. If it exists somebody might get some ideas,
> some day...
>
> But this won't really address the issue; if we don't use the header it
> will most likely get broken by something and nobody will notice, and
> then when someone uses it in Winelib we have the same problem.

True.

> I think we should add the header and use it instead of ntddk.h where
> possible. This probably requires adding/moving definitions to it that
> are currently in ntddk.h, but that's acceptable as long as they are
> exported under Windows anyway. And it's better to follow the SDK than
> the DDK where we can, since this is what apps we want to build with
> Winelib will be using too.

Agreed. If you apply the patch, I will see what I can do.

I have already looked into it a little. However I think most of what
is in ntddk.h must be moved into wintrnl.h. Possible some stuff
should go in some other wine/*.h header.

Do you want things that is only defined in ntddk.h be protected by
#ifdef __WINE__ so no normal Windows application can't use them?