patches policy

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at bigfoot.com
Mon Sep 9 14:22:23 CDT 2002

On September 9, 2002 03:02 pm, Patrik Stridvall wrote:

> Yes!!! Finally. Another flamewar. :-)

I'm good at that, aren't I? :)))

> I will mainly comment how I submit my patches.
> I don't personally care that much what others do.

Aha, but you should, if people are to review each other's
patches. That's a very important point of free software,
last time I checked...

> I currently use .tar files since it handles the case that
> Uwe was talking about that is new directories.

There's no case to handle. patch will do that, see Alexandre's post.

> What about dependent changesets?

Mark them so at the beginning of the message:
"This patch depends on ..."

> Or changeset that are otherwise logically dependent
> (even if not syntactically or semantically)?

Same.

--
Dimi.