winebuild & (name, heap, init)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue Sep 10 11:42:31 CDT 2002

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> Why don't we take the following directives:
>    name, heap, init
> out of the .spec file, and put them in the Makefile
> (transfered to winebuild through command line args)?

Well, 'name' is no longer really used, and 'heap' is used for 16-bit
dlls, where specifying it in the makefile would be inconvenient. And
I'm hoping to make 'init' default to DllMain one day... So I'm not
sure we would use these command line options at all. But if you want
to add them anyway I don't mind.

> With that in mind, it would be neat if we could specify
> a flag at configure time to build most of Wine as PE
> with a cross mingw. It would be way cool if I could take
> the same comctl32.dll I have on Linux, copy it on my
> Windows machine, and test it out...

Note that you can do that today, you just need two separate build
trees so it's a bit inconvenient. I'm planning to make it possible to
build everything inside the same tree one of these days.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com