mssip.h trouble

Ulrich Weigand weigand at
Tue Sep 10 14:05:03 CDT 2002

Patrik Stridvall wrote:

> So it seems that if we add a -malign-double to CFLAGS we can
> remove the warning in pshpack8.h since now it will hopefully
> work correctly.

Yes.  However, the -malign-double option obviously causes GCC
to produce code that in some cases does not conform to the
Linux/i386 ABI.  So, if Wine were to call any standard
library routines whose ABI is affected by -malign-double
(because a parameter is a structure type which is layed
out differently), we'd have a problem here ...

  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  weigand at