Brazilian ABNT-2 Keyboard - DeadKeys not operates properly

Salatiel-Robson Oliveira salatiel-robson.oliveira at serpro.gov.br
Tue Sep 10 15:35:19 CDT 2002

Francois,

I am using the last version --> Wine-20020904 (Setember) and unfortunately
the problem continues.

What can we to change in the file keyboard.c to solve this problem?

Thank you for attention!!!

Salatiel Robson

                   Francois Gouget             Para:     Salatiel-Robson Oliveira
                   <fgouget at free.fr>            <salatiel-robson.oliveira at serpro.gov.br>
                   10/09/2002 16:49            cc:       wine-devel at winehq.com
                                               Assunto:  Re: Brazilian ABNT-2 Keyboard - DeadKeys not
                                                operates properly

 -

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Salatiel-Robson Oliveira wrote:

> Hi !!!
>
> For start, I want to say that I'm Brazilian and my english is terrible.
> Excuse me for mistakes.
>
> My question:
>
> I have a keyboard Brazilian-ABNT2, the WINE recognize the layout
perfectly,
> but the "DeadKeys" doesn't operates properly.
>
> For example: I want that appear  à ã â á , but appear  `a ~a ^a ´a

Dead-key support is relatively recent (2 months, maybe 3). Which version
of Wine are you using? If it's more than a month old I would recommend
upgrading to the latest version.

     The software said it requires Win95 or better, so I installed Linux.