mssip.h trouble

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Tue Sep 10 17:56:25 CDT 2002

> Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:
>
> > Of course potentially all types could teoretically be used so that
> > would be VERY ugly...
>
> In theory maybe, but in practice I think there are very few structures
> where this would be a problem.

Yes. None of the structures in mssip have this problem AFAICS.

> So we can simply fix the alignment
> explicitly in these structures, either with padding or with
> __attribute__.

Yes. Thinking again. You can IIRC apply __attribute__((aligned(n)))
to a specific field, you doesn't need to do it per type.

However the only easy way to dectect automatically where you should add
it will be using something like below.

> A nice thing to have would be a script that parses the headers and
> generates code to dump the size of all structures and the offsets of
> all their members. Then we can build that code under Windows and
> Winelib and compare the results.

It has been in my TODO list for quite some time.
I just never got around to do it.

> I'm sure it's a 10 minute hack for
> you to extend winapi_check to do this <g>

winapi_check can't currently parse data structures so
I have to teach it that first. That will take a lot
more time than 10 minutes...