winebuild & (name, heap, init)

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Sep 11 04:48:55 CDT 2002

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
[...]
> Exactly! That's where I was driving at. But this depends on getting
> stuff automatically out of .c file, because this way we can retain
> the type information, which we now lose (except for strings). Once
> we have the type information, the sky's the limit...

Hmm, for strings the spec files currently distinguish between input
strings (str) and output strings (ptr). This cannot be extracted from
the source files... unless we start using IN/OUT macros everywhere?

Anyway, where it would be most useful is for Winelib applications. So if
we can support these then it would be great. But it wouldn't it be
easier to hack the compiler?

                            $live{free} || die "";