winebuild & (name, heap, init)

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Wed Sep 11 09:48:10 CDT 2002

On September 11, 2002 10:16 am, Patrik Stridvall wrote:
> #define HELPER(x,y,z) DWORD WINAPI x(y arg1, z *arg1)
>
> FOO(Bar, INT, HWND) {
>   /* ... */
> }

But we don't need to support that. If it doesn't get recognized,
the function is not exported. You can manually look in the generated
.spec file and see it's not there.

I don't think we need to be too clever. Just get the 80% that can be
done with 20% of effort. It's a temporaray solution anyway: we need
help from the compiler, writing a C parser (no, a gcc-C parser) is
a lot of work. Mingw supports __declspec, Urlich, what would it take
for the regular gcc to support it under Linux/ELF?

But beyond that, we can *today* compile Wine with Mingw as PE. So
what we need is a checkspec make target which would run your script,
compile Wine as PE, extract what needs extracting from there, and
compare results. This does not need to happen all the time, only
from time to time by some people that (1) have Mingw installed,
and (2) care to do it :).

--
Dimi.