winebuild & (name, heap, init)

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Wed Sep 11 10:02:31 CDT 2002

> On September 11, 2002 10:16 am, Patrik Stridvall wrote:
> > #define HELPER(x,y,z) DWORD WINAPI x(y arg1, z *arg1)
> >
> > FOO(Bar, INT, HWND) {
> >   /* ... */
> > }
> >

> But we don't need to support that. If it doesn't get recognized,
> the function is not exported. You can manually look in the generated
> spec file and see it's not there.
>
> I don't think we need to be too clever. Just get the 80% that can be
> done with 20% of effort.

Well as I said "winapi_extract --spec-files" works to some extent
even now and getting it to work good enough might not be that much
effort.

However I'm worried about the "stabillity" of the result.

> It's a temporaray solution anyway: we need
> help from the compiler, writing a C parser (no, a gcc-C parser) is
> a lot of work.

Yes. I know I have tried. :-)

> Mingw supports __declspec, Urlich, what would it take
> for the regular gcc to support it under Linux/ELF?

But what should it do? Just generate a special dllexport section
that you can read with appropriate tools or what?

> But beyond that, we can *today* compile Wine with Mingw as PE. So
> what we need is a checkspec make target which would run your script,
> compile Wine as PE, extract what needs extracting from there, and
> compare results. This does not need to happen all the time, only
> from time to time by some people that (1) have Mingw installed,
> and (2) care to do it :).

True. However I still a little worried about the "stabillity"
of the solution.