winebuild & (name, heap, init)

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Wed Sep 11 10:12:02 CDT 2002

On September 11, 2002 11:07 am, Patrik Stridvall wrote:

> Well as I said a lot of API use LPSTR when it really should
> use LPCSTR so the potential IO/OUT cases are quite a few.

I don't think it's "lot". Can you give a count where LPSTR/LPWSTR
is used for a IN parameter only? And those we can fix in our
sources, as you said.

> You mean just add a OUT before the type. That is quite easy to parse.

Even better -- encode it in the typeinfo.

/* M = modifiable */
typedef LPSTR LPMSTR;
typedef LPWSTR LPMWSTR;

Use LPM{,W}STR instead of LP{,W}STR where the parameter is an IO one.
The type are equivalent, so no one will notice a difference except
our parsing tool.

BTW, how many are IO? I would suspect most are O only...

--
Dimi.