winebuild & (name, heap, init)

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Wed Sep 11 10:54:48 CDT 2002

I often do that yet you still live. :-)

> We care to distinguish I/O for strings _only_. And since we
> don't have any, we have no problem!!!

We have I found an example:
LPTSTR PathAddBackslash(LPTSTR lpszPath);

A few more of the Path functions are like that IIRC.
Then there might be more function. The Windows API
is larger we have only begun to implement it...

> For LPDWORD, print them
> always, they are fixed length, you (as the guy looking at the
> traces) know if you care about them or not...

True. How if you wish to automatically compare debug output diffs
you have a problem. Sure pointer and such usually differs but
that can be fixed with some sort of mapping table.

However the value of unintialized variables are "random" or
rather non-derministic since they might depend of subtle
differences in the enviroment.

But I do agree that strings is the larger problem...